Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rawr!

I am back from my hometown with red spots all over my hands. These red spots don't itch at all so most probably I got bitten by bed bugs and more red spots would appear every morning.

Okay, enough of that. My group decided to investigate on the Morpho Towers.







The Morpho Towers is an installation that consists of two ferrofluid. According to the video below, ferrofluid is a magnetic liquid which is made of magnetite, a surfactant and a carried liquid. So, just watch!! :D



Now, what do I think about ferrofluid? I think ferrofluid makes you more creative as it moves synthetically to music. You can create a Christmas tree or a sharp weapon or a screwdriver and stuff like that. The two spiral towers stand on a large plate that hold ferrofluid. When the music starts, the magnetic field around the tower is strengthened. Spikes of ferrofluid are born from the bottom plate and move up, trembling and rotating around the edge of the iron spiral.

This method uses one electromagnet, and its iron core is extended and sculpted. The movement of the spikes in the fluid is controlled dynamically on the surface by adjusting the power of the electromagnet. The surface of the tower also responds dynamically to its magnetic environment.


I dont really know how to explain it so check this out.

If I can find more about it, I'll post it up here!


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment